Now don’t judge me. This is one of the few recipes where I use cream of mushroom soup. Normally, I use a white sauce but this is quick and easy. I’ve used this recipe since the 1970’s and has always been a favorite.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound sirloin (sliced thinly or small cubes)
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup *
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1 cup slice green onions
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- Cooked rice or noodles (we prefer noodles)
Heat butter and oil in a skillet. Brown meat, remove to a plate. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. Return the meat to the skillet and add the soup, sour cream, onions and spices. Heat thru and serve.
*Do not dilute