I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. It is quick to fix and comforting in cold weather!
- 5 Stripes of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Cup each of diced onion, diced carrots, diced celery, diced red pepper
- 1 Cup diced Russet potato
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Cups whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 32 Ounces of chicken broth
- 1 Cup of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
In large pot cook bacon pieces until crisp. Remove from pan to drain on paper towels.
Add to the pan the onions, carrots, celery and potatoes. Cook until soft. Add the red peppers and garlic continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Sprinkle the veggies with the flour. cook for 3 minutes to remove the flour taste. Pour in the chicken stock , stirring until thickened. Add the corn and cream. Cook until corn is heated thru-about 10 minutes. Pour into bowls and garnish with bacon crisps.