- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- ¾ cup finely minced onions
- 2 cloves garlic. Minced
- ¼ cup dried basil
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces of frozen spinach, drained of all water
Mix all ingredients together. Roll into balls. Place on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes rotating sheet half way thru baking.
For small balls;
Measure out meat into 1 and ½ ounce portions. Roll in bread crumbs. Place in mini muffin pans* and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I always make at least a double batch and freeze. This makes a quick dinner if you have a jar of spaghetti sauce or the ingredients for meat ball subs.
*The mini muffin pans are an idea from an Alton Brown show.