This is a scaled down version of the recipe I used when I cooked for the seniors. It’s very tasty and you can add more or less pineapple according to your family.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded ½ cup sugar
- 1 20 0z. can chunky pineapple-drained-saving the juice (about ¾ cup)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup catsup ¼ soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger 1 green pepper, cut into strips
In a saucepan, place sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, water, brown sugar, cornstarch, catsup, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil, boil until thickened.
Place shredded chicken in a 9×13 baking dish, pour sauce over chicken. Top with pineapple chunks and green pepper.
Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
Serve over rice and enjoy your quick and easy meal!